Friday, April 30, 2010

A Project MACIMISE Cake JUST FOR YOU!




Dear Fellow MACIMISERS,

WE DID IT! We finished our presentation and submitted our final research paper! It has certainly been a labor of love for me, not only because I did much research involving the mathematics of coconut weaving, but also because I got to learn more about my Chamorro culture and spend more time with my Mom, who is also a coconut-leaf weaver. What was supposed to be only 20 pages ended up being 61 pages long!

In light of our accomplishment, I dedicate this special Project MACIMISE cake (please see image above), JUST FOR YOU -- ALL OF YOU! It has been a wonderful and challenging journey for all of us, and I hope to work closely with you for the years to come, so that we can ultimately make a difference in the mathematics skills of our island's children. KUDOS TO ALL OF YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment