Sunday, April 4, 2010

Coconut Weaving is in the Air

The active engagement I put into my coconut weaving research has come at an opportune time, as the Guam Department of Education has just completed its Chamorro Month - March! As such, my English Language Learners in kindergarten and first grade were happy to celebrate with me in a coconut-weaving photo moment! Pictured below are my groups that I service at different times throughout the day. You'll notice that each group has a food name, and this category was purposely selected to motivate them, especially at a time when the BMI policy prevents our teachers from giving out any food treats at anytime, even during birthdays, special occasions, etc. for health reasons. Times have changed, so we must move forward and make the most of our situation. Nevertheless, enjoy the pictures of my ELLs using the coconut-weaved crafts that I personally created, with the exception of the hats, which I'm still trying to learn to weave. Please note that my ESL parents have signed media waivers for their children. It is important that such agreements are signed before any publication is made.


Introducing my Banana Puddings...




Introducing my Blueberry Muffins...




Introducing my Mango Smoothies...

No comments:

Post a Comment