Sunday, April 11, 2010

Additional Guam historical pictures of thatched homes created with coconut leaves

As you know, I'm actively involved in my research of coconut weaving. I'm still working on my research draft, but I wanted to share with you the additional information I discovered, which is the Guam historical pictures of thatched homes created with coconut leaves. It should be noted that the source of the historical pictures titled, "Hale'-ta, I Ma Gobetna-na Guam, Governing Guam: Before and After the Wars" was commisioned by the Political Status Education Coordinating Commission. This Commission was established by Public Law 20-99 and mandated to develop a curriculum of political status studies for Guam schools. The Commission is composed of seven members, including three representatives from the Guam Department of Education, a representative each from the University of Guam, Guam Community College, and Commission on Self-Determination, and a representative of the Community At Large.

Enjoy the following historical pictures I discovered as part of my research on coconut weaving.

NOTE: Click on the images below to get a better view of the respective pictures.











Reference:

Political Status Education Coordinating Commission (1994). Hale'ta, I Ma Gobetna-na Guam, Governing Guam: Before and After the Wars. Agana, GU.

No comments:

Post a Comment