Sunday, April 25, 2010

Draft #3 in Progress!

DRAFT #3

Hafa Adai! I have just received my second draft from Don, so the research isn’t over yet! I am now working on draft #3, and I'll be sure to add additional images he requested for each of the weaving crafts I listed in my research paper. The pandanus-leaf mat may be a bit challenging to provide visuals for, but I will certainly do my best, because I'm hitting for the "TARGET" in completing this valuable project. It has been a long journey for me, as I've immersed myself in the project, from interviewing, researching, learning the weaving craft, involving my students in the Chamorro artistry of weaving, completing drafts, and the list goes on. Nevertheless, all the hard work and diligence has enlightened me, as I've been able to connect with and learn more about my Chamorro culture, spend more time with my parents, and in particular, my mother, who is a coconut-leaf weaver and cancer survivor, and so much more! I truly hope to continue the Project MACIMISE journey for all 5 years, so that I can make a difference to ultimately increase the mathematics skills of our island's children. *Here's to the success of Project MACIMISE!*

No comments:

Post a Comment