Friday, January 22, 2010

Welcome to my Project MACIMISE Blog!

Hafa Adai! Welcome to my Project MACIMISE blog, which will serve as my written log for the course EDCS-606- Math and Culture in Micronesia – Integrating Societal Experiences. This course is held online and instructed by Don Rubinstein, along with Joe Zilliox, and Neil Pateman. Sandy Dawson is also instrumental in the course, as he is the coordinator for Project MACIMISE. He was my first contact before I even started the course.

As stated by Don, the main objective of this course is to begin mapping out indigenous mathematical practices and knowledge in selected Pacific Islands cultures. A description of the research project can be found here: http://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward.do?AwardNumber=0918309

In any event, I found the first class on Elluminate to be an enjoyable one, as we met our fellow Project MACIMISE participants in both the Eastern and Western Pacific regions! It was wonderful to meet my fellow Micronesian islanders from Guam, CNMI, Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei, Hawaii, and Palau.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this meaningful project! Un Dangkulo Na Si Yu'os Ma'ase'!

No comments:

Post a Comment